Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentRomans 14:2
- One man (ov men).
- "This one," demonstrative pronoun ov with men.
- Hath faith (pisteuei).
- Like exei pistin (Acts 14:9).
- But he that is weak (o de astenwn).
- One would expect ov de (but that one) in contrast with ov men. Ho is demonstrative with de sometimes, but here is probably just the article with astenwn.
- Herbs (laxana).
- From laxanw, to dig. Hence garden herbs or vegetables. Denney feels certain that Paul has in mind a party of vegetarians in Rome.