Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentRomans 14:3
- Set at nought (exouteneitw).
- Present active imperative of exoutenew, to treat as nothing and so with contempt (Luke 23:11; 1 Thessalonians 5:20).
- Judge (krinetw).
- Present active imperative of krinw, criticize. One side (the meat-eaters) despises the vegetarians, while the vegetarians criticize the meat-eaters.
- Received him (auton proselabeto).
- Aorist middle (indirect) of proslambanw, same verb used in verse 1. God took both sides into his fellowship without requiring that they be vegetarians or meat-eaters.