Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentRomans 15:1
- We the strong (hmeiv oi dunatoi).
- Paul identifies himself with this wing in the controversy. He means the morally strong as in 2 Corinthians 12:10; 13:9, not the mighty as in 1 Corinthians 1:26.
- The infirmities (ta astenhmata).
- "The weaknesses" (cf. astenwn in 14:1,2), the scruples "of the not strong" (twn adunatwn). See Acts 14:8 where it is used of the man weak in his feet (impotent).
- To bear (bastazein).
- As in Galatians 6:2, common in the figurative sense.
- Not to please ourselves (mh eautoiv areskein).
- Precisely Paul's picture of his own conduct in 1 Corinthians 10:33.