Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentRomans 14:1
- Him that is weak (ton astenounta).
- See on 1 Corinthians 8:7-12; 9:22; Romans 4:19.
- Receive ye (proslambaneste).
- Present middle imperative (indirect), "take to yourselves."
- Yet not to doubtful disputations (mh eiv diakriseiv dialogismwn).
- "Not for decisions of opinions." Note dia (between, two or duo) in both words. Discriminations between doubts or hesitations. For diakrisiv, see 1 Corinthians 12:10; Hebrews 5:14 (only N.T. examples). For dialogismov see Luke 2:35; 24:38; Philippians 2:14. The "strong" brother is not called upon to settle all the scruples of the "weak" brother. But each takes it on himself to do it.