Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentRomans 14:5
- One man (ov men),
- another (ov de).
- Regular idiom of contrasted demonstratives (this one, that one).
- One day above another (hmeran par' hmeran).
- "Day beyond day." For this use of para (beside) in comparison see 1:25; Luke 13:2.
- Be fully assured (plhroporeistw).
- Present passive imperative of plhroporew, late compound verb for which see on Luke 1:1; Romans 4:21.
- In his own mind (en twi idiwi noi).
- Intelligent and honest decision according to the light possessed by each.