The Davidic Covenant
The Davidic Covenant 2 Samuel 7:8-17.
This covenant, upon which the glorious kingdom of Christ "of the seed of David according to the flesh" is to be founded, secures:
(1) A Davidic "house"; i.e. posterity, family
(2) A "throne"; i.e. royal authority
(3) A kingdom; i.e. sphere of rule
(4) In perpetuity; "for ever"
(5) And this fourfold covenant has but one condition: disobedience in the Davidic family is to be visited with chastisement; but not to the abrogation of the covenant 2 Samuel 7:15; Psalms 89:20-37; Isaiah 24:5; 54:3.
The chastisement fell; first in the division of the kingdom under Rehoboam, and, finally, in the captivities. 2 Kings 25:1-7. Since that time but one King of the Davidic family has been crowned at Jerusalem and He was crowned with thorns. But the Davidic Covenant confirmed to David by the oath of Jehovah, and renewed to Mary by the angel Gabriel, is immutable Psalms 89:30-37 and the Lord God will yet give to that thorn-crowned One "the throne of his father David." ; Luke 1:31-33; Acts 2:29-32; 15:14-17.
See, for the other seven covenants:
EDENIC, (See Scofield "Genesis 1:28") ADAMIC, See Scofield "Genesis 3:15" NOAHIC, See Scofield "Genesis 9:1" ABRAHAMIC, See Scofield "Genesis 15:18" MOSAIC, See Scofield "Exodus 19:25" PALESTINIAN, See Scofield "Deuteronomy 30:3" NEW, See Scofield "Hebrews 8:8"