The Treasury of Scripture KnowledgeChapter 12
Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.
- If a woman
- Genesis 1:28; 3:16; Job 14:4; 15:14; 25:4; Psalms 51:5; Luke 2:22; Romans 5:12-19
And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.
- Genesis 17:11,12; Deuteronomy 30:6; Luke 1:59; 2:21; John 7:22,23; Romans 3:19; 4:11,12; Galatians 3:17; 5:3; Philippians 3:5; Colossians 2:11
And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.
- 15:25-28; Haggai 2:13; Luke 2:22,23
But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.
- 2,4; Genesis 3:13; 1 Timothy 2:14,15
And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon, or a turtledove, for a sin offering, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest:
- a lamb
- 1:10-13; 5:6-10; 14:22; 15:14,29; Numbers 6:10; Luke 2:22; John 1:29; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 1:18,19
- of the first year
- Heb. a son of his year.
Who shall offer it before the LORD, and make an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is the law for her that hath born a male or a female.
- 1:4; 4:20,26,31,35; Job 1:5; 14:4; Romans 3:23,26; 1 Corinthians 7:14; Hebrews 9:12-14
- be cleansed
- a male
- Galatians 3:28
And if she be not able to bring a lamb, then she shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons; the one for the burnt offering, and the other for a sin offering: and the priest shall make an atonement for her, and she shall be clean.
- she be not able to bring a lamb
- Heb. her hand find not sufficiency of a lamb.
- 1:14; 5:7; 14:22; 15:14,29; Luke 2:22,24; 2 Corinthians 8:9
- make an atonement
- 4:26; When burnt offerings and sin offerings were brought together, the sin offerings were first offered.