John Wesley's Explanatory Notes
on the Whole Bible
- An exhortation to praise God for his greatness and mighty works, verse 1-7.
- For destroying his enemies, verse 8-11.
- For his mercy toward Israel, verse 12-14.
- The vanity of idols, verse 15-18.
- Another exhortation to praise God, verse 19-20.
Ye - Ye priest and Levites.
Seas - In the visible seas, and in the invisible depths both of the earth and of the waters.
From - From all parts of the earth, from one end to another. Rain - An eminent instance of his good providence.
Judge - Will in due time plead the cause of his people. Repent - He will recall that severe sentence which for their sins he had passed upon them.