- Also called BAALAH, one of the four cities of the Gibeonites
- Inhabitants of, who were not struck down, on account of the covenant made by the Israelites with the Gibeonites, but put under servitude
Joshua 9:17; 9:3-27
- In the territory allotted to Judah
Joshua 15:9,60; 18:14
- The Philistines bring the ark of the covenant to
1 Samuel 6:21; 6:1-21
- The ark of the covenant remains for twenty years at
1 Samuel 7:1,2; 1 Chronicles 13:5,6
- David brings the ark of the covenant from
2 Samuel 6:1-11; 1 Chronicles 13:5-8; 2 Chronicles 1:4
- Inhabitants of, who were taken into captivity to Babylon,
Ezra 2:25; Nehemiah 7:29
- Urijah, the prophet, an inhabitant of
These files are public domain and are a derivative of an electronic edition that is available in the Bible Foundation e-text Library.
Nave, Orville J. "Entry for 'Kirjath-jearim'". "Nave's Topical Bible".