|Start Your Search|
| ||  Printer friendly version|
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
- » Alarm
- Hebrew - ..alarm, sound an alarm, sound the alarm, sounding an alarm
- Hebrew - alarm, shout of alarm
- Hebrew - alarm, alarmed, alarming, kept alarming
- Hebrew - alarm, alarmed, fled in alarm
A particular quivering sound of the silver trumpets to give warning to the Hebrews on their journey through the wilderness (Numbers 10:5,6), a call to arms, or a war-note (Jeremiah 4:19; 49:2; Zephaniah 1:16).
These dictionary topics are from M.G. Easton M.A., D.D., Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Third Edition, published by Thomas Nelson, 1897. Public Domain, copy freely.
Easton, Matthew George. "Entry for 'Alarm'". "Easton's Bible Dictionary".