1. The act of bringing together, or assembling.
2. A collection or assemblage of separate things; as a congregation of vapors.
3. More generally, an assembly or persons; and appropriately, an assembly of persons met for the worship of God, and for religious instruction.
4. An assembly of rulers. Numbers 35.
5. An assembly of ecclesiastics or cardinals appointed by the pope; as the congregation of the holy office, &c. Also, a company or society of religious cantoned out of an order.
6. An academical assembly for transacting business of the university.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software at http://www.swordsearcher.com.