1. Situated on the outside or remote from the center.
2. Placed or being beyond any compass; out of any place; as the utter deep.
3. Extreme; excessive; utmost; as utter darkness.
4. Complete; total; final; as utter ruin.
5. Peremptory; absolute; as an utter refusal or denial.
6. Perfect; mere; quite; as utter strangers.
1. To speak; to pronounce; to express; as, to utter words; to utter sounds.
2. To disclose; to discover; to divulge; to publish. He never utters a syllable of what I suppose to be intended as a secret.
3. To sell; to vend; as, to utter wares. This is obsolete, unless in the law style.
4. To put or send into circulation; to put off, as currency, or cause to pass in commerce; as, to utter coin or notes. A man utters a false note, who gives it in payment, knowing it to be false.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software at http://www.swordsearcher.com.