1. Freedom from foul or extraneous matter; purity; as the clearness of water, or other liquor.
2. Freedom from obstruction or incumbrance; as the clearness of the ground.
3. Freedom from fogs or clouds; openness; as the clearness of the sky. It generally expresses less than brightness or splendor. Ex. 24.
4. Distinctness; perspicuity; luminousness; as the clearness of reason, of views, of arguments, of explanations.
5. Plainness, or plain dealing; sincerity; honesty; fairness; candor.
6. Freedom from imputation of ill.
7. Freedom from spots, or any thing that disfigures; as the clearness of the skin.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software at http://www.swordsearcher.com.
"Entry for 'Clearness'". "King James Dictionary".