1. The act of gathering, or assembling.
2. The body formed by gathering; an assemblage, or assembly; a crowd; as a collection of men.
3. A contribution; a sum collected for a charitable purpose.
Now concerning the collection for the saints. 1 Cor. 16.
4. A gathering, as of matter in an abscess.
5. The act of deducing consequences; reasoning; inference.
6. A corollary; a consectary; a deduction from premises; consequence.
7. A book compiled from other books, by the putting together of parts; a compilation; as a collection of essays or sermons.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software at http://www.swordsearcher.com.
"Entry for 'Collection'". "King James Dictionary".