1. Impressed; moved, or touched, either in person or in interest; having suffered some change by external force, loss, danger, and the like; as, we are more or less affected by the failure of the bank.
2. Touched in the feelings; having the feelings excited; as, affected with cold or heat.
3. Having the passions moved; as, affected with sorrow or joy.
4. a. Inclined, or disposed; followed by to; as, well affected to government.
5. a. Given to false show; assuming, or pretending to possess what is not natural or real; as, an affected lady.
6. a. Assumed artificially; not natural; as, affected airs.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software at http://www.swordsearcher.com.
"Entry for 'Affected'". "King James Dictionary".