1. Nice; pleasing to the palate; of exquisite taste; delicious; as dainty food.
2. Delicate; of acute sensibility; nice in selecting what is tender and good; squeamish; soft; luxurious; as a dainty taste or palate; a dainty people.
3. Scrupulous in manners; ceremonious.
4. Elegant; tender; soft; pure; neat; effeminately beautiful; as dainty hands or limbs.
5. Nice; affectedly fine; as a dainty speaker.
1. Something nice and delicate to the taste; that which is exquisitely delicious; a delicacy.
Be not desirous of dainties, for they are deceitful meat. Prov. xxiii
2. A term of fondness.
Why, that's my dainty. Shak.