D'ART, n. Gr., a spear or lance.
1. A pointed missile weapon to be thrown by the hand; a short lance.
2. Any missile weapon; that which pierces and wounds.
And from about her shot darts of desire.
1. To throw a pointed instrument with a sudden thrust; as, to dart a javelin.
2. To throw suddenly or rapidly; to send; to emit; to shoot; applied to small objects, which pass with velocity; as, the sun darts his beams on the earth.
Or what ill eyes malignant glances dart. Pope.
1. To fly or shoot, as a dart; to fly rapidly.
2. To spring and run with velocity; to start suddenly and run; as, the deer darted from the thicket.