1. Plunging or immersing into a liquid and speedily withdrawing, as to ascertain the temperature of water by dipping the finger int it; baptizing by immersion.
2. Engaging or taking a concern in.
3. Looking into here and there; examining in a cursory, slight or hasty manner.
4. Inclining downward, as the magnetic needle.
5. Breaking; inclining; as a vein of ore.
1. The act of plunging or immersing.
2. The act of inclining towards the earth; inclination downwards; as the dipping of the needle.
3. The interruption of a vein of ore, or stratum of a fossil, in a mine; or a sloping downwards.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software at http://www.swordsearcher.com.
"Entry for 'Dipping'". "King James Dictionary".