DISTRIBUTION, n. L.
1. The act of dividing among a number; a dealing in parts or portions; as the distribution of an estate among heirs or children.
2. The act of giving in charity; a bestowing in parts.
3. Dispensation; administration to numbers; a rendering to individuals; as the distribution of justice.
4. The act of separating into distinct parts or classes; as the distribution of plants into genera and species.
5. In architecture, the dividing and disposing of the several parts of the building, according to some plan, or to the rules of the art.
6. In rhetoric, a division and enumeration of the several qualities of a subject.
7. In general, the division and disposition of the parts of any thing.
8. In printing, the taking a form apart; the separating of the types, and placing each letter in its proper cell in the cases.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software at http://www.swordsearcher.com.
"Entry for 'Distribution'". "King James Dictionary".