|Start Your Search|
| ||  Printer friendly version|
- Easton's Bible Dictionary
- » Alarm
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
- » Alarm
- Hebrew - ..alarm, sound an alarm, sound the alarm, sounding an alarm
- Hebrew - alarm, shout of alarm
- Hebrew - alarm, alarmed, alarming, kept alarming
- Hebrew - alarm, alarmed, fled in alarm
1. Any sound, outcry or information intended to give notice of approaching danger as, to sound an alarm.
2. A summon to arms.
3. Sudden surprise with fear or terror; as, the fire or the enemy excited an alarm.
4. Terror; a sensation excited by an apprehension of danger, from whatever cause; as, we felt an alarm at the cry of fire.
5. In fencing, an appeal or challenge.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software at http://www.swordsearcher.com.
"Entry for 'Alarm'". "King James Dictionary".