1. That may be answered; that to which a reply may be made, usually implying that the answer may be satisfactory; as, an answerable argument.
2. Obliged to give an account, or liable to be called to account; amenable; responsible; as, an agent is answerable to his principal.
3. Obliged or liable to pay, indemnify or make good; as, to be answerable for a debt or for damages.
4. Correspondent; agreeing with; in conformity with; as, the features expressed in a picture are answerable to the original.
5. Suitable; suited; proportionate; as, an achievement answerable to the preparation for it.
6. Equal; correspondent; proportionate; as, the success is answerable to my desires.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software at http://www.swordsearcher.com.
"Entry for 'Answerable'". "King James Dictionary".