ABROAD, adv. abrawd'. See Broad
In a general sense, at large; widely; not confined to narrow limits. Hence,
1. In the open air.
2. Beyond or out of the walls of a house, as to walk abroad.
3. Beyond the limits of a camp. Deut. xxiii. 10
4. Beyond the bounds of a country; in foreign countries - as to go abroad for an education. We have broils at home and enemies abroad.
5. Extensively; before the public at large.
He began to blaze abroad the matter. Mark i. 45.
6. Widely; with expansion; as a tree spreads its branches abroad.