1. In the inner part; as the space within the walls of a house; a man contented and happy within himself.
2. In the limits or compass of; not beyond; used of place and time. The object is within my sight; within the knowledge of the present generation; within a month or a year.
3. Not reaching to any thing external.
Were every action concluded within itself--
4. In the compass of; not longer ago than.
Within these five hours Hastings livd untainted.
5. Not later than; as, within five days from this time, it will be fair weather.
6. In the reach of.
Both he and she are still within my powr.
7. Not exceeding. Keep your expenses within your income.
8. In the heart or confidence of. Inelegant.
9. In the house; in any inclosure.
1. In the inner part; inwardly; internally.
The wound festers within.
2. In the mind.
Ills from within thy reason must prevent.