1. That may be charged; that may be set, laid, imposed; as, a duty of forty per cent is chargeable on wine.
2. Subject to be charged; as, wine is chargeable with a duty of forty per cent.
3. Expensive; costly; as a chargeable family.
4. Laying or bringing expense.
Because we would not be chargeable to any of you. 1 Thess. 2.
5. Imputable; that may be laid or attributed as a crime, fault or debt; as a fault chargeable on a man.
6. Subject to be charged or accused; as a man chargeable with a fault, or neglect.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software at http://www.swordsearcher.com.
"Entry for 'Chargeable'". "King James Dictionary".