(raised up by God. ).
- Son of Hilkiah, master of Hezekiah’s household ("over the house," as) (Isaiah 36:3) (2 Kings 18:18,26,37) (B.C. 713.) Eliakim was a good man, as appears by the title emphatically applied to him by God, "my servant Eliakim," (Isaiah 22:20) and also in the discharge of the duties of his high station, in which he acted as a "father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah." (Isaiah 22:21)
- The original name of Jehoiakim king of Judah. (2 Kings 23:34; 2 Chronicles 36:4)
- A priest in the days of Nehemiah, who assisted at the dedication of the new wall of Jerusalem. (Nehemiah 12:41) (B.C. 446.)
- Eldest son of Abiud or Judah; brother of Joseph, and father of Azor. (Matthew 1:13)
- son of Melea, and father of Jonan. (Luke 3:30,31)