- Son of Simon the Cyrenian, who was compelled to bear the cross for our Lord. (Mark 15:21)
- One of the kindred of Annas the high priest. (Acts 4:6)
- A Jew at Ephesus whom his countrymen put forward during the tumult raised by Demetrius the silversmith, (Acts 19:33) to plead their cause with the mob.
- An Ephesian Christian reprobated by St. Paul in (1 Timothy 1:20) as having, together with one Hymenaeus, put from him faith and a good conscience, and so made shipwreck concerning the faith. This may be the same with
- Alexander the coppersmith, mentioned by the same apostle, (2 Timothy 4:14) as having done him many mischiefs.
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Alexan’der'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary".