(treasured of God ).
- A Reubenite of the house of Joel. (1 Chronicles 5:7)
- A Merarite Levite, one of the gate-keepers to the sacred tent. (1 Chronicles 15:18) His duty was also to play the harp, ver. (1 Chronicles 15:21) or the psaltery and harp, (1 Chronicles 16:5) in the service before the ark. (B.C. 1043.)
- A Gershonite Levite, one of the Bene-Asaph, forefather of Jahaziel in the time of King Jehoshaphat. (2 Chronicles 20:14) (B.C. 910.)
- The scribe who kept the account of the numbers of King Uzziah’s irregular predatory warriors. (2 Chronicles 26:11) (B.C. 803.)
- A Gershonite Levite, one of the Bene-Elizaphan. (2 Chronicles 29:13)
- One of the chiefs of the Levites in the time of Josiah. (2 Chronicles 35:9) (B.C. 623.)
- One of the Bene-Adonikam who formed part of the caravan of Ezra from Babylon to Jerusalem. (Ezra 8:13) (B.C. 459.)
- A layman of the Bene-Nebo, who had taken a foreign wife and had to relinquish her. (Ezra 10:43) (B.C. 459.)
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Je-i’el'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary".