(the Lord says , i.e. promises ).
- Father of Ahitub according to (1 Chronicles 6:7,52) and son of Meraioth, in the line of the high priests.
- The high priest in the reign of Jehoshaphat. (2 Chronicles 19:11) He was the son of Azariah.
- The head of a Levitical house of the Kohathites. (1 Chronicles 23:13; 24:23)
- The head of one of the twenty-four courses of priest. (2 Chronicles 31:15; Nehemiah 10:3; 12:2,13)
- One of the sons of Bani in the time of Ezra. (Ezra 10:42)
- A priest who returned with Zerubbabel. (Nehemiah 10:3; 12:2,13)
- A descendant of Pharez. (Nehemiah 11:4)
- An ancestor of Zephaniah the prophet. (Zephaniah 1:1)
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Amari’ah'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary".