(given of God ).
- The son of Zuar and prince of the tribe of Issachar at the time of the exodus. (Numbers 1:8; 2:5; 7:18) (B.C. 1491.)
- The fourth son of Jesse and brother of David. (1 Chronicles 2:14)
- A priest in the reign of David who blew the trumpet before the ark when it was brought from the house of Obededom. (1 Chronicles 15:24) (B.C. 1055.)
- A Levite, father of Shemaiah the scribe, in the reign of David. (1 Chronicles 24:6)
- A son of Obed-edom. (1 Chronicles 26:4)
- One of the princes of Judah whom Jehoshaphat sent to teach in the cities of his kingdom. (2 Chronicles 17:7) (B.C. 912.)
- A chief of the Levites in the reign of Josiah. (2 Chronicles 35:9) (B.C. 628.)
- A priest of the family of Pashur, in the time of Ezra, who married a foreign wife. (B.C. 458.)
- The representative of the priestly family of Jedaiah in the time of Joiakim. (Nehemiah 12:21) (B.C. 446.)
- A Levite, of the sons of Asaph, who with his brethren played upon the musical instruments of David at the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem under Ezra and Nehemiah. (Nehemiah 12:36) (B.C. 446.)
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Nethan’e-el'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary".