at'-roth-sho'fan `Troth shophan; Septuagint gen sophan:
A town built or fortified by the children of Gad East of the Jordan (Numbers 32:35), named next to Aroer. If it had been at Khirbet `Attarus or Jebel `Attarus (HDB and EB, under the word) Aroer would hardly have been named between them. The King James Version reads Atroth, Shophah, understanding that two places are named. No identification is yet possible.
These files are public domain and are a derivative of an electronic edition that is available from Crosswire Software.
Orr, James, M.A., D.D. General Editor. "Entry for 'ATROTH-SHOPHAN'". "International Standard Bible Encyclopedia". <http://classic.studylight.org/enc/isb/view.cgi?number=T945>. 1915.