The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1199|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||desmo/v|| ||Desmon|
| ||bond, bonds, chains, impediment, imprisonment|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Ac 16:26 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- and suddenly there came a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison house were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were unfastened.
- Ac 20:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- except that the Holy Spirit solemnly testifies to me in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions await me.
- Ac 23:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- I found him to be accused over questions about their Law, but under no accusation deserving death or imprisonment.
- Ac 26:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And Paul said, "I would wish to God, that whether in a short or long time, not only you, but also all who hear me this day, might become such asI am, except for these chains ."
- Ac 26:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- and when they had gone aside, they began talking to one another, saying, "This man is not doing anything worthy of death or imprisonment ."
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Desmon". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".