The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1199|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||desmo/v|| ||Desmon|
| ||band, bond, chain, string|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Ac 16:26 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.
- Ac 20:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.
- Ac 22:30 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- On the morrow, because he would have known the certainty wherefore he was accused of the Jews, he loosed him from his bands, and commanded the chief priests and all their council to appear, and brought Paul down, and set him before them.
- Ac 23:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- WhomI perceived to be accused of questions of their law, but to have nothing laid to his charge worthy of death or of bonds.
- Ac 26:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such asI am, except these bonds.
- Ac 26:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And when they were gone aside, they talked between themselves, saying, This man doeth nothing worthy of death or of bonds.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Desmon". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".