The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2474|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||šIsrah/l|| ||Israel|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Ro 9:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Isaiah cries out concerning Israel, "THOUGH THE NUMBER OF THE SONS OF ISRAEL BE LIKE THE SAND OF THE SEA, IT IS THE REMNANT THAT WILL BE SAVED;
- Ro 9:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law.
- Ro 10:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- ButI say, surely Israel did not know, did they? First Moses says, "I WILL MAKE YOU JEALOUS BY THAT WHICH IS NOTA NATION, BYA NATION WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING WILLI ANGER
- Ro 10:21 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- But as for Israel He says, "ALL THE DAY LONGI HAVE STRETCHED OUT MY HANDS TOA DISOBEDIENT AND OBSTINATE PEOPLE ."
- Ro 11:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel?
- Ro 11:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- What then? What Israel is seeking, it has not obtained, but those who were chosen obtained it, and the rest were hardened;
- Ro 11:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- ForI do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery --so that you will not be wise in your own estimation --that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;
- Ro 11:26 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB ."
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Israel". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".