The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2518|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||kaqeu/dw|| ||Katheudo|
| ||asleep, do their sleeping, goes to bed, sleep, sleep do, sleeper, sleeping|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Mt 8:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being covered with the waves; but Jesus Himself was asleep.
- Mt 9:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- He said, "Leave; for the girl has not died, but is asleep ." And they began laughing at Him.
- Mt 13:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- "But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away.
- Mt 25:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- "Now while the bridegroom was delaying, they all got drowsy and began to sleep.
- Mt 26:40 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, "So, you men could not keep watch with Me for one hour?
- Mt 26:43 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Again He came and found them sleeping, for their eyes were heavy.
- Mt 26:45 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Then He came to the disciples and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? Behold, the hour is at hand and the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Katheudo". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".