The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2736|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||katwte—rw|| ||Kato|
| ||beneath, bottom, down, under|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Mt 2:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.
- Mt 4:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- Mt 27:51 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Kato". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".