The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3162|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ma/xaira|| ||Machaira|
| ||sword, swords|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Heb 4:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
- Heb 11:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, from weakness were made strong, became mighty in war, put foreign armies to flight.
- Heb 11:37 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were tempted, they were put to death with the sword; they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Machaira". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".