The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3162|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ma/xaira|| ||Machaira|
| ||sword, swords|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Lu 21:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
- Lu 22:36 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
- Lu 22:38 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- They said, "Lord, look, here are two swords ." And He said to them, "It is enough ."
- Lu 22:49 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- When those who were around Him saw what was going to happen, they said, "Lord, shall we strike with the sword ?"
- Lu 22:52 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Then Jesus said to the chief priests and officers of the temple and elders who had come against Him, "Have you come out with swords and clubs as you would against a robber?
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Machaira". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".