The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3162|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ma/xaira|| ||Machaira|
| ||sword, swords|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Mt 10:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- "Do not think thatI came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
- Mt 26:47 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- While He was still speaking, behold, Judas, one of the twelve, came up accompanied by a large crowd with swords and clubs, who came from the chief priests and elders of the people.
- Mt 26:51 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And behold, one of those who were with Jesus reached and drew out his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest and cut off his ear.
- Mt 26:52 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword.
- Mt 26:55 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- At that time Jesus said to the crowds, "Have you come out with swords and clubs to arrest Me as you would against a robber? Every dayI used to sit in the temple teaching and you did not seize Me.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Machaira". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".