The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3162|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ma/xaira|| ||Machaira|
| ||sword, swords|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Re 6:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him.
- Re 13:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- If anyone is destined for captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints.
- Re 13:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Machaira". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".