The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3618|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||oi╬kodomeĐw|| ||Oikodomeo|
| ||build, builders, building, built, edified, edifies, edify, rebuild, strengthened|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- 1Co 8:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Now concerning things sacrificed to idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge makes arrogant, but love edifies.
- 1Co 8:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- For if someone sees you, who have knowledge, dining in an idol's temple, will not his conscience, if he is weak, be strengthened to eat things sacrificed to idols?
- 1Co 10:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.
- 1Co 14:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- One who speaks in a tongue edifies himself; but one who prophesies edifies the church.
- 1Co 14:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- For you are giving thanks well enough, but the other person is not edified.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Oikodomeo". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".