The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3986|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||peirasmo/v|| ||Peirasmos|
| ||temptation, temptations, try|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Lu 4:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.
- Lu 8:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
- Lu 11:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
- Lu 22:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
- Lu 22:40 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.
- Lu 22:46 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Peirasmos". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".