The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4327|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||prosde—xomai|| ||Prosdechomai|
| ||accept, allow, look for, receive, take, wait for, waited for + (2258)|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Lu 2:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
- Lu 2:38 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.
- Lu 12:36 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
- Lu 15:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
- Lu 23:51 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them;) he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Prosdechomai". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".