The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4736|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ste—fanov|| ||Stephanos|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Ac 6:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- The statement found approval with the whole congregation; and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch.
- Ac 6:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And Stephen, full of grace and power, was performing great wonders and signs among the people.
- Ac 6:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- But some men from what was called the Synagogue of the Freedmen, including both Cyrenians and Alexandrians, and some from Cilicia and Asia, rose up and argued with Stephen.
- Ac 7:59 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit !"
- Ac 8:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Some devout men buried Stephen, and made loud lamentation over him.
- Ac 11:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- So then those who were scattered because of the persecution that occurred in connection with Stephen made their way to Phoenicia and Cyprus and Antioch, speaking the word to no one except to Jews alone.
- Ac 22:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- 'And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was being shed, I also was standing by approving, and watching out for the coats of those who were slaying him.'
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Stephanos". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".