The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4757|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||stratiwñthv|| ||Stratiotes|
| ||soldier, soldiers, soldiers'|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Joh 19:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And the soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on His head, and put a purple robe on Him;
- Joh 19:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His outer garments and made four parts, a part to every soldier and also the tunic; now the tunic was seamless, woven in one piece.
- Joh 19:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Therefore the soldiers did these things. But standing by the cross of Jesus were His mother, and His mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.
- Joh 19:32 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- So the soldiers came, and broke the legs of the first man and of the other who was crucified with Him;
- Joh 19:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Stratiotes". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".