The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5273|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||u(pokrith/v|| ||Hupokrites|
| ||hypocrite, hypocrites|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Lu 6:42 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye ,' when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye.
- Lu 12:56 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- "You hypocrites! You know how to analyze the appearance of the earth and the sky, but why do you not analyze this present time?
- Lu 13:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- But the Lord answered him and said, "You hypocrites, does not each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or his donkey from the stall and lead him away to water him?
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Hupokrites". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".