The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5273|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||u(pokrith/v|| ||Hupokrites|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Lu 6:42 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.
- Lu 11:44 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as graves which appear not, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them.
- Lu 12:56 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?
- Lu 13:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering?
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Hupokrites". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".