The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 758|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||aµrxwn|| ||Archon|
| ||authorities, leaders, magistrate, official, official's, prince, ruler, rulers|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Joh 3:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews;
- Joh 7:26 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- "Look, He is speaking publicly, and they are saying nothing to Him. The rulers do not really know that this is the Christ, do they?
- Joh 7:48 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- "No one of the rulers or Pharisees has believed in Him, has he?
- Joh 12:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- "Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
- Joh 12:42 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue;
- Joh 14:30 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- "I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;
- Joh 16:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Archon". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".