The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 758|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||aµrxwn|| ||Archon|
| ||chief, chief ruler, magistrate, prince, ruler|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Mt 9:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.
- Mt 9:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And when Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the minstrels and the people making a noise,
- Mt 9:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- But the Pharisees said, He casteth out devils through the prince of the devils.
- Mt 12:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
- Mt 20:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Archon". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".