The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 935|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||basileu/v|| ||Basileus|
| ||KING OF KINGS, King of kings, king, king's, kings, kings'|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Heb 7:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham as he was returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,
- Heb 7:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- to whom also Abraham apportioned a tenth part of all the spoils, was first of all, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace.
- Heb 11:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden for three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king's edict.
- Heb 11:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured, as seeing Him who is unseen.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Basileus". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".