| Strong's Number: 2455||šIou/dav|
|Original Word||Word Origin|
| ||šIou/dav|| ||of Hebrew origin (03063)|
|Transliterated Word||Phonetic Spelling|
| ||Ioudas|| ||ee-oo-das'
|Parts of Speech||TDNT|
| ||Noun Masculine|| ||None|
Judah or Judas = "he shall be praised"
- the fourth son of Jacob
- an unknown ancestor of Christ
- a man surnamed the Galilean, who at the time of the census of Quirinus, excited the revolt in Galilee, Acts 5:
- a certain Jew of Damascus, Acts 9:
- a prophet surnamed Barsabas, of the church at Jerusalem, Acts 15:22,27,
- the apostle, Jn 14:22, who was surnamed Lebbaeus or Thaddaeus, and according to opinion wrote the Epistle of Jude.
- the half-brother of Jesus, Mt. 13:
- Judas Iscariot, the apostle who betrayed Jesus
| Translated Words|
| ||KJV (42) - Juda (Ancestors of Jesus, 2; Juda (Son of Jacob), 7; Judah (Son of Jacob) , 1; Judas (Brother of James), 3; Judas (Iscariot), 22; Judas (Son of Jacob), 2; Judas Barsabas, 3; Jude (Brother of James), 1; misc, 1; |
NAS (44) - Judah, 11; Judas, 32; Jude, 1;
| Verse Count|
| || |